ROADMAP OUT OF LOCKDOWN
HOW INDOOR BOWLS IS AFFECTED
With the Government announcing that England will move to Step 2 of the road map out of the COVID-19 restrictions on Monday 12th April 2021.
This decision means that Indoor Clubs will be able to open but with the following conditions in place: -
- Only players from the same household or an individual player permitted on a rink. They are not permitted to mix with other players on the green.
- Organised bowls activities for Under 18s or Disabled groups exempt from restrictions on participants per rink.
- Changing rooms / lockers can be used but players should be encouraged to avoid or minimise the use of this area, where possible.
- Face Coverings are to be worn when entering and moving around the club but can be removed when the player is on the rink.
- Coaching can take place but only on a 1:1 or single household basis.
- Club Shop can re-open
- The Bar and restaurant are permitted to open but can only serve people, via table service outside. The rule of 6 will apply to people at any table.
- Ventilation in the club should be optimised to ensure a fresh air supply is provided to all areas of the facility being used.
- Every visitor over the age of 16 must scan the NHS QR code using their NHS COVID-19 app or provide their name and contact details, not just the lead member of the household, to support the NHS Test and Trace.
Clubs should follow the EIBA’s Return to Indoor Bowls issue 6 Guidance in relation to hygiene and social distancing measures on and off the rink.
These procedures will remain in place until the Government announces that we can move to Step 3 of the Road Map, which will not be before Monday 17th May 2021.
Under Step 3 Indoor Bowls Clubs would be able to open under the rule of 6 individuals and provide indoor hospitality.
The EIBA will issue further guidance in relation to Step 3 when appropriate.
Updated 10th April 2021
This can also be viewed on the EIBA website www.eiba.co.uk/news/2021/road-map-april-2021.php
SCWIBA Season 20/21
Following the latest EIBA Guidance V6 issued 25th September 2020 and a email/telephone emergency GPC Meeting, the following will apply for the 20/21 Indoor Season.
All County Matches, including Inter-County League, Executive, Patrons and friendlies are cancelled. All County League matches are cancelled. County Competitions will not take place and entry monies will be refunded. If possible, the 19/20 County Competitions will be played to their conclusion after Christmas.
The 19/20 National finals have again been postponed from November 20 to April 21.
No County Booklet will be published. It has proved impossible to hold an AGM, so all Officers remain in situ. A virtual Executive may be possible in the New Year. These decisions have been made in the best interest of all members of SCWIBA whose health, safety and well being were the paramount consideration.
Good, safe bowling in your Clubs and hopefully a full programme of County activities will be available safely for the 21/22 Indoor Season.
Brenda Davies, Hon Secretary, SCWIBA 4th October 2020